The med@com DSLmodem is the interface to the hospital IT-infrastructure. It is installed in the cable duct as a flush mounted wall outlet. The DSL technology uses two wire cables to bring broadband data to the patient bed by using the existing “old fashioned” telephone cables that have already been installed.
The DSL modem has versatile functions and offers different services:
- power outlet for the med@com-Terminal
- connection of a standart analog telephone
- ethernet-port (e.g. for laptop)
- chipcardreader for authorization and payable services.
- integrated DSL-modem (datatransfer over 2-wire cables)
- integrated ethernet switch
- 4 switchable discrete outputs (light, shades, etc.)